Even if your home appliances and systems are in proper working condition now, but these can breakdown anytime and in the most inappropriate situation. The homeowners insurance never offers coverage for the damage of these appliances and systems. So, in this situation, nothing can be more cost effective than a home warranty policy to manage the budget of home repair. This type of policy offers complete peace of mind to the users learning that they are completely protected in case of any unexpected breakdown takes place.
What does the home warranty contract usually cover?
Items that are usually covered by a home warranty policy often vary by plan and company, but usually, this type of contract includes the items like:
- Water heater
- Electrical system
- HVAC or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System
- Plumbing system
- Garage door opener
- Washer and dryer of clothes
- Kitchen appliances like as oven/stove range, refrigerator, in-built microwave, in-built dishwasher, in-built trash compactor and garbage disposal system
- Coverage for well pumps, spas, pools and other items are also available for an additional rate
What are the benefits of having home warranty contract?
- For the homeowner
- For the homeowners, it become really easy to place claims and to get the appliances repaired
- With this type of policy, it is actually possible to repair as many appliances as possible in case these are covered
- This way, this type of policy helps to save up loads of costs
- For the property buyer
- This policy offers the property buyers warranty coverage on the in-built appliances and major systems
- They can get access to the network of some qualified service technicians at the fingertips
- This thing helps the buyers to protect their cash flow
- For the Property seller
- This allows the homeowner to sell the home faster and at a higher rate
- This policy helps to increase the marketability of the homes
- Home warranty insurance also offers protection from the after-sale legal disputes
How to select a home warranty contract?
In case you are planning to buy a home warranty policy, then don’t forget to perform some research beforehand. Go through the home warranty reviews section where you will find comparison, consumer reviews, pricing and quotes of various leading home insurance providers. After getting the price quotes, go through to look over any sample policy.